Here is a list of what the First Team had managed to accomplish on PA/Linux:
- Toolchain compile scripts
- PS/2 keyboard driver
- Harmony Sound driver
- Lynx browser
- Global Purpose Mouse driver
- Standard Text Interface handling for the B132
- Debian HPPA package installations
- Debian Ftp client and server packages created and published
- 26 - Installation of tex, ed, libc6, booting the SMP kernel on the A500-A5X and installing the mouse
- 16 - Try to get strace working on the A500-A5X and debugging 712 start_kernel
- 15 - Display of the cursor by Xavier:COMMITTED
- 13 - First try to merge between i386 and hppa ps2 driver: FAILED
- 6 - Feedback from the Linux Expo Paris
- 22 - Now possible to play mp3 files and 742 vme boot!
- 18 - Installation of our own subnet
- 16 - Apache compiled and installed on the 712
- 1 - Happy New Year!! Now it's time to get some rest...
- 25 - Cool! Loads of gifts & treats!! Merry Christmas everyone!
- 14 - Defeated the STI at last!
- 12 - French version of the PA/Linux in Paris website published
11 - Good News & Old Stuff
- Operating B132
- Lynx recompiled
- 8 - Hard Drive configuration
7 - Mission: victory on the B132
- HDs rebuilt
- B132 booting
- GPM 1.19.3 compiled and executed on the 712
6 - Continuing on our new installation and kernel version
- New Kernel compiled & new config recipe
- Precise examination of the boot process to obtain a File System
29 - Tidying up
- Server reinstall & compile
- Studying porting differences between 712s and B132s
28 - Focusing on the mouse
- Mouse study
- Studying the possibility of doing the mouse driver
27 - Keyboard leds
- Studying led management
- Keyboard OK
14 - Bad day!
- Recompiling does not work
7 - More and more work to handle!
- Lynx compiled on HP712
- New Debian PC to work on porting
- Launching STI
- Problems with LIBRARY_PATH
- 26 - New operating PS/2 Keyboard driver installed.
- 25 - Project history publication.
24 - New installations and low-level work:
- Debian package installation
- Keyboard and soundchip problems
- 23 - Internal problems dealt with. Dual screen configuration.
- 20 - File System generated and published on the website
- 19 - Done with STI (for the moment), FS Root creation and network support setup.
- 17 - Changes in STI so bin, gcc and kernel recompiled
16 - So far, so good
- The test program works OK
- Read-only problem resolved for NFS
12 - Progress in compiling and binaries:
- gmake v3.79 installation
- Successful glibc compile and installation
- Cross-compile and Linux compile operational on a simple 'Hello World'-type test program
- Automatic update program
- Problems with scanf on test programs: execution problems
- Website update (v2.1)
10 - Loads of new stuff!
- Server reinstall
- Version 2.0 of the website online
- Toolchain docs updated
- Automatic scripts coding
- 4 - First website update: howto pages added. (Malek, Thomas)
3 - A bunch of setup problems, but...
- Version 1.0 of the website is online. (Malek, Thomas)
- Problems with the makefile and include files in hppa_linux
- 29 - Gcc and Linux_Palo are compiled. Successful NFSroot launch but in read-only mode. (Xavier, Thomas)
- 21 - Network setup: Linux PC and two HP 712 workstations. Kernel download and bootp testing. (The Team)
- 12 - First meeting with Thierry Simonnet. Briefing on the different steps of the project: setup, guide, development. (The Team)